Landlords gas safety requirements

If you need professional plumbing, heating and gas engineers then look no further than Boosted Heating and Plumbing Ltd. We provide high quality boiler servicing, repairs, and new installations for domestic and small commercial properties throughout West Yorkshire. Below we have included some information on what Landlords need to know about their gas safety for tenants and their responsibilities.

If you are a landlord you are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of your tenants, you must check that all the gas appliance in the building is working correctly and safely on an annual basis, this can be done by having a gas safety inspection that is carried out by a gas safe registered engineer. When this is successfully completed you will receive a gas safety certificate, which is often referred to as a landlord’s certificate or CP12. The gas safety Regulations 1998 deals with the landlord’s duties to ensure that the gas appliances, fittings, and flutes provided for tenants are safe.

As a landlord you most provide a record of annual gas safety checks to your tenants within 28 days of being completed or to new tenants before they move in, you must keep a copy of gas safety certificates for two years. It also notable that failure to follow the gas safety requirements counts as a criminal offence which can be punishable by fines or even imprisonment, if you fail to provide a gas safety certificate you will not be able to serve a section 21 notices on tenants.

If you would like some information on our services or have any general queries then please contact us by phone at 01924 566236 or email us at, we will be more than happy to help you.

Want a Free No-Obligation Quote?
Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!

Contact Us